Photos in the Site Header
There are five different sets of photos (numbered from 3 to 7) that change each time the page changes or is refreshed (picking at random, so you might get the same one two or three times in a row). Here are the photo credits for each, images from left to right:
- two women, one in white sweater — From http://www.angelicacastro.net/html/photos_89.html
- four women — From http://www.caregiver-connect.ca/en-us/caregiverconnectguide /caregiverhealthinformation/Pages/Whyselfcareisimportant.aspx
- woman with parrot on head — No source found.
- Dame Judi Dench, actress, b. 1934 — © 2011 WireImage (A division of Getty Images, Inc.)
- two women, black and white — © iStockphoto/Nicholas Monu
- Daphne Odjig, the “grandmother of Canadian native art,” b. 1919 — Credit Paul Mayne, Western News.
- three women, looking down and laughing — Free photo from http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/images/results.aspx?qu=three+women#ai:MP900422132
- woman in black scarf — No source found.
- pink background — From http://naproom.mu.nu/pics/grandmother.jpg
- black woman with white hair — From http://www.agingincanada.ca/Seniors%20Alcohol/1i.htm — ©Charmaine Spencer, Gerontology Research Centre, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, B.C.
- woman in red sweater — From woolandtea.com
- Susan Sarandon, actress, b. 1946 — © retna.com
Strip 5 — Updated Apr. 17, 2012
- two women in headscarves — By Ahmet Gurses
- Joan of OWN — By Shirley Lewis.
- Bella Abzug (1920-1998) was an American lawyer, Congresswoman, social activist and a leader of the Women’s Movement — From http://myhero.com/images/guest/g14598/ hero14996/g14598_u12474 _bella_abzug_2.jpg
- Margaret of OWN, selling 50/50 tickets — By Shirley Lewis.
- woman with red dot on forehead — No source found.
- Shirley of OWN — By Shirley Lewis.
- Aung San Suu Kyi, Burmese politician, b. 1945 — Giving a speech to supporters in Yangon, Myanmar, on 17 November 2011; photo by Htoo Tay Zar from Wikimedia Commons.
- two women with thumbs up — From www.friedmanarchives.com by permission of Gary Friedman.
- white-haired woman in pink shirt: Nora Bernard, aboriginal activist murdered at age 72 — See news article. Photo by Cathy Von Kintzel / Chronicle Herald, (Nova Scotia)
- woman with painting: “Castille Troy is executive director of the Minwaashin Lodge Aboriginal Women’s Support Centre and chairs the city’s Community Assisting Aboriginal Sex Trade Workers committee.” — Photo by Errol McGihon/Sun Media
- woman in many-colored blouse — From http://www.aboriginalcanada.gc.ca/acp/site.nsf/vGraphics/homepage/$file/AHM2011.jpg
- Barbara Walters — Photo by Christopher Peterson, with permission.
Strip 7 — updated Apr. 17, 2012
- Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall — Photo from Wikimedia Commons (http://upload.wikimedia.org/ wikipedia/commons/8/83/Camilla%2C_Duchess_of_Cornwall.jpg). This image is a work of an employee of the Executive Office of the President of the United States, taken or made during the course of the person’s official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, the image is in the public domain.
- Asian woman with bangs — Photo from http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-636439-happy-asian-woman.php
- red hair and white hair with quilt — No source found.
- Judy Rebick and Erin Harris at the OWN 2009 Housing Symposium, photo by Irene Borins Ash, used by permission.
- “First Nations Elders at at the Opening Ceremony…This lady was 95 years old at the time of the ceremony.” — Photo by Skot Nelson, by permission; from http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguinstorm/4750502466/
Last modified May 13, 2012