The Older Women’s Network, in collaboration with another organization, may have an opportunity to partner in building housing, possibly a low-cost condo. The goal is to build affordable housing as near to rapid transit / subway as possible, near central Toronto.
A potential developer requires that we have a minimum of 75 people who are willing to pay a reasonable premium in order to design and build a building in which people would be able to “age in place.” This means that the whole building, including every unit, would be wheelchair-accessible (all doorways and bathrooms), and kitchens would be designed to be convertible for a wheelchair user if the resident becomes wheelchair-bound.
If you would be interested in living in such a building, please complete the following few questions and return to the OWN office, so we might gauge the possible need for this type of housing.
Send by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or snail mail: OWN, 115 The Esplanade, Toronto, Ont. M5E 1Y7
We hope you’ll help us out by completing this vital survey. Thank you for your valuable input.
Erin Harris & Kate Chung
For the OWN Housing Committee
1. Would you need:
- Bachelor ________
- One bedroom ______
- Two+ bedrooms _______
2. To what size unit would you anticipate moving?
- 500 sq.ft. or less ______
- 500 to 600 sq ft. ______
- 600 to 750 sq ft. _________
- 750 to 1,000 sq.ft. ________
- 1,000 sq.ft. or more _______
3. What kind of housing would you prefer?
- Apartment in smaller building (up to 100 units) _____
- Apartment in medium sized building (200-300 units) ______
- Apartment in larger building (500+ units) ______
- High-rise tower ______
- Co-op housing ______
4. Would you prefer to live in a building which is:
- Intergenerational ______ OR Seniors only _______
- Women only ________ OR Men and women _______
5. Are you:
- Female ______
- Male _______
- Other _______
NAME __________________________________ OWN member? _______
EMAIL __________________________ PHONE ___________________
Posted March 7, 2014